Every year, I write a blog on my birthday. I almost didn’t this year because I almost didn’t remember my password!
This year leading up to my birthday was great. I was on severe exhaustion and burnout from work. I decided to go home to California to see as many of my family and friends as I could.
Also, my friend Melani had invited me up to VA to spend this weekend with her and our friend Sheree. Sheree had given me a time limit to get up there before she just took me.
My whirlwind trip home took the place of my annual “Music That Takes Me Back” series. I didn’t have one minute of birthday depression this year at all.
I got to have a Disneyland reunion with my dear Disney family.
A Hilltop reunion with my Hilltop guys to celebrate turning 40.
I got to see Fuller House tape and my dear friend AB
My family surprised me by turning their normal Sunday Dinner into a 40th party with a couple of dear old friends invited including my oldest friend.
I went to our old hometown and ended up being driven by my sister of the heart Olga to see our friend Alyce in the hospital battling Leukemia.
I spent precious time with both parents
God orchestrated this trip, from the money to go to the exact dates.
During the trip, as my family gathered to celebrate my birthday, I got the call Sheree had passed away suddenly during a nap. God gave me the peace to still enjoy my party.
I came home to travel to VA to say goodbye to Sheree on a beautiful blue day. Then this Thursday God decided it was Alyce’s time as well. It’s been a quiet day reflecting on life and love.
It’s been a huge reminder to just embrace and live life.
1. Life is too short to be unhappy
2. Spend the money and if you don’t have it, find it.
3. Just do it
4. If people walk away, let them and do t chase after them.
5. Friends are precious make time to be with them.
6. Every minute with my parents is precious
7. Beauty is from within
8. Never forget, I’ve learned to start my day watching the memorials and then shut off the tv. I used to spend days watching specials and that wasn’t good.
9. Some people are just mean, what a waste of time and energy
10. Enjoy the sunshine
11. Take time to tell people you love them
12. Look for the positive in everything and everyone
13. Don’t get so wrapped up in yourself that you don’t see people needing you
14. Be someone’s sunshine
15. Work hard
16. Don’t work too hard
17. Take a leap of faith
18. Don’t live in the past
19. Stop and make the time
20. Say I’m sorry
21. Gods grace and mercy are amazing
22. Listen to that small voice, that’s God and he might be saying something important
23. Answered prayers come when you least expect them
24. Family is everything
25. I have the best cousins
26. My grandparents left an amazing legacy that is still blessing people today.
27. I’m blessed to have a job that touches lives daily
28. I’ve got some amazing co workers
29. Twitter changed my life and is the reason I have said job
30. Don’t take anything foregranted
31. Parenting teens and young adults isn’t easy nor for the faint at heart
32. Time with your kids is precious, they’re so important
33. There’s no place like home
34. I’ve got amazing friends who are extraordinary people
35. Sometimes you fail and that’s okay
36. Pick yourself up and keep going
37. I’m strong
38. Looking forward to a bright future
39. See the world, learn other cultures and be accepting of people where they’re at. Love people for who they are.
40. Worrying is a waste of time and energy. This is one I’m still working on.
I’m hoping the next 40 are just as packed as the last 40, Jules